The F Junior Hartmann MkIII in 1959.
   
Amazingly the Hartmann was entered for the final F3 race on the banked Avus track in September 1967, amazingly because the Hartmann was a front engined DKW-powered F Junior model. The car had an alloy body with a bulbous nose, it had a simple frame consisting of two box side sections from a DKW saloon, there was additional cross bracing with an engine cradle. The front suspension, brakes, steering and wheels were also sourced from a standard DKW, the rear axle was located by radius rods with telescopic dampers and a transverse leaf spring. The car used a four-speed gearbox and a differential and was front wheel drive, unsurprisingly it wasn't in the least competitive against its modern rivals.
Drivers  
1967 Ernst Wagner.